Cysiv is currently seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our growing marketing and sales team and further develop their sales career. Reporting to the VP Marketing, and working closely with the marketing and sales teams, the SDR role performs outreach to new potential customers, and also responds to inbound leads via phone, email and social to generate and qualify interest in our solutions with prospective customers.
We are looking for an inside sales / tele-sales professional who is confident, organized, energetic, has a passion for technology, loves new challenges and opportunities, and is eager to advance their career in the high-growth cyber security industry.
The ideal candidate will have a background in IT sales and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for dynamic, adaptive people that are eager to learn!
- Achieve daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets for qualified conversations, for setting meetings and for account engagement and research.
- Identify key contacts at prioritized target accounts using existing contacts, Linkedin, Zoominfo and other sources
- Leverge available data on target accounts, including intent, web visits and installed technologies, to help focus and prioritize your prospecting efforts
- Contact new prospects daily through various channels to probe for Cysiv opportunities and to articulate our value proposition.
- Conduct high-level conversations with cybersecurity executives, key decision makers and influencers in prospective accounts.
- Utilize Linkedin to connect with prospects, and share content for business development purposes.
- Maintain accurate and timely notes on interactions within the company’s CRM system.
- Share insights from your conversations and interactions with the marketing team, to help improve our messaging
- 3-6+ years of experience doing tele-sales / tele-prospecting of IT software or services to technology buyers at enterprises.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and social media skills (Linkedin)
- Willingness and ability to make cold calls, write well-crafted emails and InMails, and connect with new people remotely
- Experience using a CRM, and other sales productivity applications
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minor travel. Periodic company or team meetings will require travel to the US or Ottawa.
Toronto or Ottawa, Ontario
Cysiv provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Cysiv does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.