Cysiv SOC-as-a-Service improves the maturity of your existing SOC
Cysiv SOC-as-a-Service can help enhance the maturity of your existing SOC or security team with capabilities and experts that are essential to a modern, proactive, automated SOC.
Elevate and Improve Your Existing SOC
Regardless of which stage of maturity your SOC is at, Cysiv SOC-as-aService quickly and cost-effectively elevates it to the next level.
STAGE 1 SOC - PERIMETER SECURITY
At this stage, you’re simply focused on ensuring you have a secure and strong perimeter in place, with the appropriate controls, encompassing firewalls, endpoints and servers, and network security to enable defense-in-depth.
- Security tools are only effective if they’re properly monitored and managed. As part of our 24/7 Monitoring with Management service option, Cysiv can configure and tune a select set of security devices, monitor their health and availability, apply software patches, pattern updates, and other policy changes agreed to in advance, and coordinate configuration changes to these products.
STAGE 2 SOC - SIEM DATA LAKE
Organizations at this stage have progressed from basic endpoint protection to an endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution and are aggregating and storing a large volume of logs from all their security controls in a SIEM or data lake.
- Our cloud-native, SOC-as-a-Service platform, which provides the foundation for our SOC-as-a-Service, was developed in response to the limitations, deployment challenges, and frustrations associated with traditional SIEMs and other products used in a SOC. Cysiv Command automates and improves the time-consuming, complex but critical processes for truly effective threat detection, hunting, investigation, and response. It leverages telemetry from EDR and a broad range of other sources to ensure comprehensive threat detection.
- Unlike SIEMs that are often used to meet compliance requirements by sampling, aggregating and storing logs centrally, Cysiv’s cloud-native SIEM, which is the foundation for SOC-as-a-Service, has been purpose-built for SOC analysts to actively monitor for, detect, investigate, hunt for, and respond to threats. It has been specifically designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the SOC team in their daily activities.
- And, SOC-as-a-Service includes 24/7 monitoring of the SIEM for incidents, and our experts follow the incident handling workflow for monitoring and triaging suspicious activity.
STAGE 3 SOC -SECURITY AUTOMATION
In order to become even more effective at detecting and responding to threats, you’re now relying on use cases to detect hidden threats in a timely manner. To do this, your SOC needs to be able to deal with the huge volume of telemetry and other data required. More than simply cloud-scalable storage, this means security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR). Third party SOAR solutions, however, are not plug-and-play, and can require extensive professional services to implement initial use cases.
- The Cysiv SOC-as-a-Service platform includes built-in, essential SOAR capabilities. SOC processes are orchestrated from detection through investigation, with automated investigation and correlation, and built-in case management, notifications, and workflows. It provides security automation through multiple enrichment sources, including IP geolocation, user and asset information, and correlation to multiple threat intelligence sources.
- SOC-as-a-Service leverages a large and growing set of use cases that can be tuned to your environment and requirement. We can also create custom use cases to match your specific needs.
STAGE 4 SOC - ADVANCED ANALYTICS
The final stage along the journey to a truly mature SOC is realized through threat hunting and the use of advanced, ML-based and behavioral analytics that enable you to quickly process and fully leverage the large volumes of data collected needed to find hidden threats.
- Cysiv threat hunters are active contributors to our SOC-as-a-Service, and all customers benefit from their proactive analysis. Additionally, the Cysiv SOC-as-a-Service platform includes essential user and entity behavior analytics that are used to detect significant changes to behavior or anomalous activity for an entity. Standard profiles and behaviors are built for users and hosts across time, and any activity that is anomalous to these standard baselines is triggered as suspicious.